Sunday, June 24, 2012

Prezi / Linked In

So I have begun using Prezi to give presentations because it works so much better than slideshow software (ie, powerpoint) at presenting architecture. I can zoom out, compare two areas side by side, insert media, etc. The information I reveal from item to item is more seamless, and the ability to compare between various points in the presentation on the fly (for questions, etc.) is amazing.

At the same time while I’ve been wary of jumping on the social networking bandwagon, I finally broke down and signed up for LinkedIn. While I am cautiously optimistic at this point, it seems to provide a bit more use than the fractured direction of facebook.

LinkedIn Profile:  http://www.linkedin.com/pub/ryan-collier/51/963/853

In any case, to get the effect of both Prezi and LinkedIn, check out the prezi I stumbled upon which discusses the use of LinkedIn using the Prezi presentation style. While I doubt I will implement all the suggestions, it’s a good presentation of making the most of LinkedIn.